Electronics Recycling Fundraising Event
Greentek can help your school or non-profit organization raise well deserved funds. By hosting e-waste recycling events for schools, school sports teams and activity groups we have been able to raise significant funding in a short amount of time.
•All materials not deemed refurbish-able are responsibly recycled right here in North Carolina to stringent environmental regulations. No items are shipped overseas or end up in the landfill.
• Compensation: $0.05 per pound of qualifying items*.
• There is no charge to you for any service provided (trucks, workers, pallets and equipment, etc.)*(Qualifying items are: Desktops, laptops, servers, smartphones, tablets, consumer grade electronics, peripherals, wire, printers, fax machines, flat screen monitor/TV, battery backup/UPs, metal racking and consumer appliances)
Data Security Benefits:
• All hard drives are recovered from equipment and physically shredded to ensure security of all confidential information. Each time a community member drops any equipment that has a hard drive disk, we issue them a certificate of hard drive destruction on site. There is NO ADDED COST to this.
• $10.00 per CRT/rear projection television & CRT computer monitors
• $40.00 per wooden case television
(These charges will help us with the high costs associated with proper television and CRT recycling practices. We will have a debit/credit card reader on site for easy payment, and can accept cash as well.)
Logistical and Management Benefits
• Greentek provides staff, trucks, pallets, boxes and two banners to ensure a smooth and successful event.
• Greentek will dedicate an account manager to every event to oversee and ensure the success of the event.
What is needed for a successful event?
• A large car park for the event.
• A high visibility street facing space to hang large signs in advance of the event.
• Extensive distribution of fliers, posters, signs, email blasts, etc.
• Community/School announcements.
• A team of 4-6 volunteers to assist with traffic management on the day of the event.